About Iron Cylinder
The Iron Cylinder is an art gallery and studio featuring the motorcycle art of Jeffrey O. Durrant and the motorcycle art he collects.
The art in the gallery is currently not available for purchase online. If you see an original piece or a print your are interested in purchasing please contact me directly.
A few bullet points about Jeffrey O. Durrant
- Gallery Space. Gallery Moab. gallerymoab.com
- Art Director/Curator. International Journal of Motorcycle Studies.
- Oil and Ink Expo artist.
- Art shown at motorcycle shows including the Handbuilt Show (Austin, Texas), Salty Bike Revival (Salt Lake City, Utah), Chopperfest (Ventura, California), One Moto (Portland, Oregon)
- First Place. River Runners Art Show. John Wesley Powell Museum, Green River, Utah.
- Solo Artist Show. John Wesley Powell Museum, January-January-July 2018.
- curator of @motoartists featuring the work of the world's motorcycle artists
- PhD Geography, University of Hawaii. Undergraduate degree in International Relations with an emphasis on Africa.
- University Geography Professor. Courses include Global Geography, Adventure Travel, Africa, Development, Environmental Geography, and Protected Area Designations.
- Traveled through 115+ countries.
- Currently lead university study abroad and private trips to Mount Kilimanjaro. Climbs to the summit and research on lower slopes.
- Married in N'Djamena, Chad to Peace Corps wife. Directed construction of rural health center. Drove a Peugeot moped.
- Avid river runner. Former river guide on Colorado River.
- Former Ski Instructor. Married to a former snowboard instructor.
- Licensed paraglider and sky diver.
- SCUBA instructor. Scuba trips throughout United States, Pacific, Caribbean, Europe, and Middle East.
- Former Search and Rescue dog handler.
- Motorcycles currently in stable: 1937 Indian Junior Scout, BSA, Royal Enfield, Harley Davidson, Yamaha (2), Honda, Hodaka, Kawasaki, mini chopper.
- Relief Aid Coordinator. Rwanda and Uganda. 1994-1995.
- Published a book on the political struggle over federal lands in the United States (University of Arizona Press).